Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I got Dell's attention at last

Less than 24 hours after emailing Michael Dell and notifying him that that I intend to make a claim in court against Dell Computers, I had a phone call from the "Dell Customer Service Escalation team".

Unfortunately, it still isn't good news, he offered me a free copy of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - worth about £60, or a 10% discount on the order worth about £48. He obviously hasn't done his homework as I rejected that offer weeks ago. So I told him that his offer was totally unacceptable and I would see them in court. Dell Computers has until Friday to make a better offer, otherwise I will make my claim.

At least one thing is good - my advice to anybody who is in dispute with Dell Computers is to threaten to take them to court and send your email to michael_dell@dell.com.

More news when it happens

4 comments:

Sophie said...

I am all ears for more news...we are experiencing a similar saga with Dell - and nearing exhaustion. Where to go, what to do, no complaints procedure...and....no computer. It beggers belief.
will keep an eye on your blog....perhaps I should start one about Dell-Hell too.
;-)

filippo said...

well, Dave, good luck with that and please keep us posted.
I recall a similar experience as a corporate customer.
We ordered 12 (twelve) PCs (both desktopts and laptops) all in one go and received about half with a significant delay (more than a week). We had to cancel the order for the other half and go another route.
During this dreadful experience most of my staff in the office was unable to work. you can imagine the damage... I was working for an Internet company at the time.
don't let them get away with this!
ciao
Filippo

Dave said...

Thanks Sophie and Filippo for your support - I am also tweeting about this using #tag #dellsucks

Sophie said...

Good luck. We just heard my pc is delayed again untill 11 March...somehow I don't believe them and they are just playing a game....we ordered 24 dec and have had a not-working one....now waiting for the replacement...