Monday, March 22, 2010

Dell vs Dave Mutton - It may go to court

Things are moving again with regard to my action against Dell Computers. ]

If this is the first time you have read my blog, I decided several months ago to take action after I had received such poor and incompetent service over the supply of two Inspiron 1545 laptops, despite numerous emails and phone calls to Dell Customer Services and several emails to Michael Dell, Chairman of Dell. It was a long and painful process to resolve my situation and Dell just didn't seem to care about what was happening and their eventual offer of compensation was insulting.

So I issued a claim in the UK County Court for compensation and last week Dell Computers filed a defence. This means they dispute my claim and will defend it in court.

Although the legal department of Dell Computers managed to actually file the defence on time, they have lived up to the reputation of the rest of the business by filing a defence that is both incomplete and inaccurate, but in one significant instance is fundamentally untrue.

So, I have some time now to file more documents with the court and then a judge will decide if it will go to an actual hearing.

This will cost me a bit more money, but I am determined to continue my action and not let them get away with how they treat consumers such as myself.

I wonder how much it is costing Dell to defend this action - probably a lot more than I was asking for in compensation.

I'll update my blog with more information soon, including how you could maybe help my case.

2 comments:

Lars Grigo said...

Hey Dave,

I was just thinking about buying some Dell stuff for my newly founded company. Some notebooks, a server and some screens - what it takes to let a new company of five get to work. The Dell Latitude I was using at StepStone Solutions let me hope this would be a good choice.

Your experiences made me step back from Dell and move over to a different supplier (no, I will not mention the name here... ;o)). Simply cannot afford to rely on a company who´s customer service is almost certain to let me down.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck for your battle against Dell!

Cheers

Lars

Anonymous said...

So what's the present situation? It's been about another month, has the judge made a decision?