Friday, August 03, 2007

Sky Customer Service Complaint Update

It had been nearly a week since I wrote my letter of complaint and I had no response. So I rang up Sky Corporate offices again and asked to speak to Mark Andersen. Once they knew I had written a letter of complaint, I was shunted straight through to somebody in the escalation department. Unfortunately she couldn't find any record of my letter being received, but on looking at the account was happy to resolve things there and then and wipe clean the outstanding debt.

No real apology mind you and no explanation as to why this couldn't have been done much earlier, so either:

  • The fact that I had written a letter to complain bumps you higher up the priority and gives them more reason to act, or
  • Their customer service is so inconsistent that its pot luck as to who you get through too and if they feel like helping.


Personally I think its a bit of both and the moral of this story is don't be afraid to stand up for your rights and complain - it takes a bit of effort but is worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !

I have read your blog and found it amusing same as with the Consumer Advocacy. I think this resource for online complaints would be of your interest.

Anonymous said...

what number did you ring. to speak to mark anderson as i can,t seem to get anywhere